Event Phone: 908-233-3021
On Tuesday, August 15th, Jonathan Holtz, a business litigator and malpractice attorney, will discuss how to be prepared and know your rights when working with lawyers. Jonathan will explain the rules governing lawyers, highlight what you need to know to protect your rights and the rights of your business, and identify common issues leading to disputes between lawyers and clients. Topics include:
- When am I, or my business, required to have a lawyer?
- Where to find a lawyer and what to consider?
- When can I change or fire my lawyer?
- Can my lawyer fire me?
- What are my rights when I retain a lawyer?
- Does my lawyer represent me, my business, or my insurance company?
- What responsibilities do I owe my lawyer?
- What are the most common disputes between lawyers and clients?
- How much can my lawyer charge me?
- What are my rights in a fee dispute with my lawyer?
- What if my lawyer acts unethically?
- Where does my lawyer hold my money?
- Can I sue my lawyer?
Casual networking will take place from 11:30 am – 12 pm. The presentation will begin at 12 and you will have the opportunity to ask questions. There will be a few minutes of additional networking if time allows. Lunch courtesy of Margolis Edelstein.
Though this is a free event, you must RSVP in advance. Space is limited and no walk-ins allowed. Limited parking in the library parking lot. Street parking is available.
Jonathan Holtz is a business litigator and legal malpractice attorney in Berkeley Heights. He is a Super Lawyers “Rising Star”; MartinDale Hubble Rated 4.8/5.0; AVVO Rated “Superb”; member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Insurance Defense Special Committee and the Business and Commercial Litigation Special Committee; a Moot Court and Appellate Advocacy Judge for Seton Hall University School of Law, as well as a member of various state bar associations and professional organizations. He routinely gives presentations on various legal topics; teaches a continuing education course to attorneys on Legal Malpractice; and publishes articles in the New Jersey Law Journal. He is a member of the GWACC Membership Committee. For more information, see Jonathan’s full bio.
- August 15, 2017
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Venue: Westfield Memorial Library
Venue Phone: 908-789-4090
Venue Website: http://www.wmlnj.org/Address: