ABOUT THE RUNAWAY FORK
The Runaway Fork offers a powerful blend of Psychological Counseling services combined with Intuitive Eating principles to heal teens and adults who struggle with weight, eating, or body image issues. Innovative session types include Walk-and-Talk, Online Distance Counseling, Individual, and Group counseling sessions.
The Runaway Fork was created as a safe, shame-free place for you to explore your relationship with food in a way you probably haven’t before. A place to learn about why diets fail, why we overeat, the impact of dieting on our body and emotions, and how to make sense of all this from your unique perspective.
By using quality research from the fields of Psychology, Neuroscience, Nutrition, and Weight, combined with more than a decade of psychological counseling skills and techniques, we can begin to form a holistic view of your life story to find connections between your eating and other important life domains.
Let’s face it, we all turn to food for so many reasons that have nothing to do with hunger.
Awaken your natural eating abilities with an evidence-based, non-diet approach to eating. Make peace with food once and for all. Discover what you are really hungry for and develop a life you love!
MICHELE R. SMITH, M.ED, LPC, NCC
Board Certified Counselor
My work today is a culmination of my professional trainings, passions, and education across many disciplines and many years helping others. I believe people possess great potential to change. I am humbled by the human capacity for resilience and am deeply honored to be part of the process.
- National Board Certified Counselor (NCC), National Board for Certified Counselors
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), New Jersey, #37PC00346200
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), New York, #000782
- Certified Mind Body Eating Coach, The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- Primary Certificate in REBT and CBT, Albert Ellis Institute
- Person-Centered Therapy Training Certificate, New York Person-Centered Resource Center
- Professional Member, American Counseling Association
- New Jersey Counseling Association
- New Jersey Mental Health Counselors Association Division
- Carnegie Mellon University, B.S., Double Major: Psychology and Social & Decision Sciences
- Teachers College, Columbia University, M.A., M.Ed., Psychological Counseling