Grab your couch potato-loving friends on Sunday, August 18th and join Scotch Plains Mayor Al Smith in our 2nd Annual Scotch Plains 0.5k Race!
Beginning in Town Center, with a shot gun start (ok not a real shot gun - there are laws) the "race" will take you in a 547 yard circle. Go too fast and you are sure to get dizzy! But don't drag your feet, a pint of beer courtesy of Stage House Tavern (obvious age restrictions apply) or a cup of ice cream from Mr. Softee await you at the finish line. Tons of family fun as well as food trucks and a DJ! A great afternoon in Scotch Plains for a great cause!
Proceeds to benefit METAvivor the parent organization for our local chapter - METAvivors of NJ. This nonprofit supports research and change in legislation as well as support for men and woman battling Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer.
Here's what's happening:
1:00 pm Check-in and Pre-party
2:00 pm Welcome Warm Up with Special Guests & DJ Ed
2:30 pm Children's Race
3:00 pm Adult Race
3:30 pm Children and Adult Challenges
4:30 pm Check Presentation
FREE STUFF (not a typo)!
- T-Shirts!! Race Day shirts will be available to pre-registered runners on race day only. All early registrations will receive swag - Procrastinators are on a first come first serve basis. Procrastinators you can wait and try your luck but we can't guarentee you a shirt until 2 weeks following the race. .
- Pretentious 0.5k boasting car magnet. Even better than last year's model.
- Filled souvenir beer or ice cream cup (age restrictions apply).
- Registered kids will receive a run through Child's Play Challenge Course!
- Drawstring sack to tote your FREE STUFF!
- Rest stops compete with empty carbs.
- Participation medal because everyone is a winner!
- Medical tent.
- Surprises we just can't talk about because we haven't thought of them yet.
You say your too busy, you don't have time, 547 yards is asking too much? This option is for you! For an small amount (remember this is for charity) we will transport you from start to finish in our very own limo provided by Partners Transportation! All of the FREE stuff above but none of the effort! Oh, and of course a bigger medal, your own check in area and a meet & great with Mayor Smith! Why not? You're a VIP!