Grab your couch potato-loving friends on Friday, September 7th and join Scotch Plains Mayor Al Smith in our inaugural Scotch Plains 0.5k Race!
Beginning in Town Center, with a shot gun start (ok may be not a real shot gun) the "race" will take you in a 547 yard circle. Go too fast and you are sure to get dizzy! But don't drag your feet, a pint of beer courtesy of Darby Rd Pub (obvious age restrictions apply) or a cup of ice cream await you at the finish line.
Here's what's happening:
6:00 pm - Enjoy our Runners Check-In pre-party. Come hungry! Plenty of dinner options from Scotch Plains restaurants as well as a DJ to get the party started.
7:00 pm - "Runners" line up
7:30 pm - Award Ceremony & After Party - Participation Medals, beer or ice cream for everyone!
FREE STUFF (not a typo)!
- T-Shirts!! Race Day shirts will be available to pre-registered runners on race day only. Procrastinators will receive their shirts 2-3 weeks following race day.
- Pretentious 0.5k boasting car magnet.
- Filled souvenir beer or ice cream cup (age restrictions apply).
- Drawstring sack to tote your FREE STUFF!
- Rest stops compete with empty carbs and unnecessary caffeine.
- Participation medal because everyone is a winner!
- Medical tent.
- Free legal advice from Bramnick & Rodriguez should you use the medical tent.
- Surprises we just can't talk about because we haven't thought of them yet.
You say your too busy, you don't have time, 547 yards is asking too much? This option is for you! For an additional $20 we will transport you from start to finish in our very own shuttle! All of the FREE stuff above but none of the effort! Oh, and of course a bigger medal! Why not? You're a VIP!